Autoreply messages (Out of Office) not sent in Exchange 2010/2013
I had a problem yesterday with my hybrid Exchange 2010 + 2013 installation. One user set up out-of-office message but it does not sending. Nor in internal domain neither external users.
- We have checked if user forwarding emails to some other users. All good forwarding was net set.
- Also we have disabled all Inbox rules (there was one rule that forwarded messages).
- We have tried to move mailbox to other database (in case corrupted data).
- We tried to disable and enable reply messaging.
- We have reviewed mail flow rules on transport servers.
All these actions didnt give answer.
Solution was found when I tried to search message tracking logs, which showed that when test message sent from Server1 and the target mailbox located on the Server2, message even didnt get to the Server2.
Using this info, I decided that issue is not in the server but in mailbox settings which are located in Global Catalog. So i've run the following command in Powershell:
[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-Mailbox domain\user | fl *forw* DeliverToMailboxAndForward : False ForwardingAddress : ForwardingSmtpAddress : user-bla-bla-gmail.com
SMTP-forwarding was processed of course earlier than out-of-office. Evenmore, SMTP-forwarding just send message to the specified address and it never gets into mailbox.
So I've run:
[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-Mailbox domain\user | Set-Mailbox -ForwardingSmtpAddress $null [PS] C:\Windows\system32>
And issue was gone.
exchange (en), exchange 2013 (en), exchange 2010 (en)
- Hits: 9167